Friday, 19 July 2013

Conversation = Apples for your soul.

The stats suggest that women use on average 20000 words a day, I'd believe that!! In fact it almost feels like I have to meet a quota. That could be just me though? I really do love people and a good chat.
In my previous life managing a team in a large organisation, meeting my words quota was easy! I would see, greet, or just 'be' under the same roof of approximately 300 people! Now, I am not surrounded by hundreds of people but I do live in a great little community and meet some truly amazing people. Stopping to have a chat is just part of my day. Admittedly, I have also been known to go to playgroup drop off early in the hope of a natter with the other mum's!
Today, as I struggled to get out of the house in the late afternoon and in all honesty having a pretty unpleasant day with both girls unwell, I was greeted by the bubbly blond duo Paula and Rosie. They just so happened to be waking past. I have seen Paula in her house across the street ever since Rosie was a baby. She is running around and talking now. Oh and very very cute.
We immediately struck up a conversation about all sorts of 'mum' things, Paula even shared her story of the difficulties she had conceiving Rosie and just how grateful she was to have her. Suffice to say we chatted for quite a while across the front fence.  Thanks so much Paula our chat was lovely, inspiring and exactly what I needed. It also made me realise that conversation with neighbours and friends means much more than meeting a quota of words. 

To all of my neighborhood friends. You have fabulous listening ears and wonderfully warm hearts. See you all in the 'hood sometime for a good 'ol chat!


Paula and Rosie.





No comments:

Post a Comment