I decided to write this after we had a disastrous kite flying experience on the weekend. I am not an expert but since Miss T was about 12 months old, I have tried quite a number of different types of kites. I love a good recommendation and in this instance if you are in the market for a kite, I am going to strongly recommend you get this one.
THE POCKET KITE
It is strutless, meaning it doesn't have any kind of frame making it super easy to whack into your handbag. It is compact for little ones to handle with no set up required and nothing to break. Miss T could fly The Pocket Kite from age two and a half and I mean get it into the air and fly it, on her own. Running along with absolute joy on her face. Burning all that lovely energy!
Here are some other lessons I have learnt in my mission to find a kite.
1. Don't buy a kite with a ridiculously long tail.
There is already enough string to get tangled up, you don't need the tail getting tangled too.
2. Do NOT get a stunt kite.
The ones with two handles. Kids want to be involved and holding the string is all part of that. It is way to tricky for them to wrangle two handles.
3. Is it windy enough?
You don't want disappointment, so check it is actually windy enough. A slightly breezy day usually isn't enough. Unless you have 'The Pocket Kite'
4. Make sure you have a great big space
And I mean a great space, a sports oval or mass of green grass. You will need to run a little on occasion so it needs to be a safe area for your kids and you to do that. the bigger the open space the better I reckon. be careful it's not too protected from the wind too!
5. Just get The Pocket Kite.
I think you get the picture.
Kite flying can be a challenge but it is worth it. Harnessing the wind and watching the kite bob and twist and turn is really cool. Hmmmm... Maybe that's just me. One thing I certainly know is that kids absolutely love it. Most days when it is windy we are never annoyed, we just can't wait to get out and fly the kite. the Pocket Kite.
Send it soaring!
Sammi
No comments:
Post a Comment